Free Blog Training. Braised Chicken and Veg recipe. Menu Plan Monday. Win, win, win!!
Blogging Made Simple
I just wanted to let you know that tomorrow is the first video in the Blogging Made Simple series. If you don’t sign up quick, then you will miss video 1. These are a quick 15 minutes and FULL of information that I had to PAY FOR with Elite Blog Academy.
You know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE EBA, and it has made an enormous difference in the way that I share my life with you. I have made money, written a book, made friends, and gotten so much better in blogging because of that one investment.
Braised Chicken and Veg
This is one of those meals that uses inexpensive ingredients and really just feel like home. I love this the second day for chicken soup. The chicken falls off the bone, and when it goes in with the rest of the leftover veg, you just add a little chicken stock and ta-da second meal!
Chicken on the bone tends to be cheap, and I’ve gotten whole chickens for around $.49 a pound. My average chicken is about 5 pounds, so for $2.50, I have protein for 2 meals.
- 3 strips bacon, diced
- 2 T veg oil
- 1 whole chicken, cut up (skin on)
- 1 T house seasoning
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 – 3 potatoes, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 C Sherry
- 2 T Italian Seasoning
- 1 T flour
- 1 carton chicken stock
- 2 C water
- Add the bacon to a med-high pot, stir until the fat is rendered out. Set aside, leaving as much of the drippings as possible.
- Sprinkle house seasoning on the chicken. Brown chicken 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Add oil to pot, lower heat to Medium. Add in vegetables, saute for 5 – 7 minutes. Stir in Italian seasoning.
- Deglaze pan with sherry, scraping up as much of the browned bits from the bottom as possible. Sprinkle with flour and stir to combine. Yes – it’ll look glumpy.
- Add in the chicken stock slowly, stirring and mixing as you go.
- Place the chicken on top of the veg in a single layer, nestling it in as best as you can.
- Add in the chicken stock. Add water evenly around the outside of the pot, until the liquid comes up halfway to the top of the chicken.
- Lower heat to Low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes. Then uncover and simmer 15 more minutes.
- Serve with your favorite biscuits.
- House Seasoning: 1 C salt, 1/4 C pepper, 1/4 C garlic powder. This stuff is awesome for everything!
Menu Plan Monday
I love Monday’s because I get to stalk a bunch of cool folks’ pages for amazing meal ideas. Also, they get to stalk mine, as well! If you’d like to play along, head on over to Org Junkie’s site and take a peek!
Monday: Leftover spaghetti
Tuesday: Nachos and Martha’s Dump Cake
Wednesday: Braised Chicken and Veg
Thursday: Chicken soup
Friday: Fish sticks, green beans and fries
Saturday: Pork Chops, mac and cheese, broccoli
Sunday: grilled flank steak, veggie kabobs
Remember, get your FREE video training series Blogging Made Simple. It will be the best 45 minutes (3 videos – 15 mins each) you spend in your blogging career! Trust me, you won’t regret it!