Our family loves Taco Tuesday. We do nachos, tacos, enchiladas, taquitos, and taco pizza. Taco Pizza is one of my favorites, simply because it’s easy to make, has less cleanup, and we like them. They’re cheap, too!!
These flat taco shells, tostadas I think, lend themselves perfectly to this kind of meal. They are extra awesome because at my Sav-A-Lot they are only $.99 a bag, which feeds my family twice.
I make things easy on myself and make all of the taco pizzas the same. Meat mixture and cheese. They can add whatever taco stuff on top they want.
The upside is only dirtying one pan, the down side is that I have to make it in batches because I can only 6 fit on my trays.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water (or as directed on package)
- 1 can re-fried beans
- 1 package tostadas
- 2 Tbsp cheddar jack cheese per Pizza
- Taco Toppings
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Over med-high heat, add oil to frying pan to heat up.
- Add onion and garlic, saute for about 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Add ground beef, brown it up until done.
- Mix in taco seasoning and water, following package directions.
- Stir in beans, adding a little water if it is too thick.
- Let simmer 3 minutes until heated through.
- On foil lined cookie sheet, place tostadas without overlapping.
- On each tostada, add 1 large scoop of meat filling and 2 Tbsp cheese, spread out evenly.
- Heat in oven 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with your favorite taco toppings.
On The Menu
Each week I plan out my menu and share it with you guys. If you’d like to see what other folks have on their table this week, head over to Org Junkie’s Menu Plan Monday and check it out.
Monday: Boliche, yellow rice, black beans (I bought this boliche from the butcher all ready for the crock pot. I couldn’t find a recipe that looked what my butcher gave me. It has red and green peppers, onion, tomato sauce, and spices on it.)
Tuesday: Taco Pizza
Wednesday: Chicken Nugget Parmesan
Thursday: Pork Chops, stuffing, green beans
Friday: Fish Sticks, mac & cheese, broccoli
Saturday: Man Pleasing Chicken, white rice, corn
Sunday: ham, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, baked apples
What is on your table this week? Are you making something new?